Wednesday 31 October 2012

{Thriving this Winter} Day 31: Last

Even at the old age of 27 there are times when I still need to grow up a little bit, before I can do or say what I really want to and ignore all the peer pressure.


Halloween is one of those sorts of things for me. Because I gotta tell you something. I do not like dressing up. I just don't like it. I liked it as a kid, and fully plan on getting into it with my kids, but since I am currently not a kid, or have kids. I am choosing today to not do anything.

It is glorious.

Not participating in Halloween is one of the most liberated, true to myself things I have done in a long time. And tonight I might go to a friends house and help hand out candy. And I will love seeing all the costumes and the glee kids have on a holiday that is all about collecting tons of candy! It is a really fun holiday! And I will wear jeans and enjoy the fact that my friend made a pumpkin, so I didn't have to.

Today is the last day of October so I wanted to wrap-up what we have learned thriving this winter and what that means.


My version of thriving means living life that is growing up big and colourfully. It means living without having to live up to ideas and ways that don't really work for you. It means enjoying the delicious, comfortable parts of life, and continuing to create space for this in your life. It is about being wellclean and organized enough to enjoy these things. It is about doing things that will help you in the next season, and about doing what needs to happen in this season.

It has been a good month. I think I have learned some stuff, mostly about being organized enough and not worrying about what other people are doing.

It has also been a long month and writing everyday has been no easy challenge. One of the things I can't believe is how much time this has taken. And often the pictures have taken even more time that the writing. I can't say that this will be a challenge I will undertake again, but we shall see how crazy I am in a year.

I hope you enjoyed watching/ reading this little experiment. And if you are into it, enjoy your Halloween! And if you are not, then enjoy your night off! Don't worry, no one else is watching.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Good for you. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you made it!

    I also do not like dressing up. I am looking forward to handing out candy this year for the first time ever! Our family was never super in to Halloween growing up, so it's not a huge day for me, but I think it will be fun to pop on a sports jersey and give some kids some candy.

    ReplyDelete