Friday 26 October 2012

{Thriving this Winter} Day 26: Maker


I am a reluctant labeller. I enjoy organizing pretty well, but usually by the time it comes to labelling I just move on. Sometimes I actually don't label because the area is organized well enough, and labels would just make it harder.

Other times I come back to the project and realize that this area would really be more functional with labels. These are usually cases where I have containers, and either the containers aren't see-through, or they are identical. Or perhaps the contents of the containers look identical.



The other reason to make labels is to help out other members of the house who weren't involved in the reorganization process. They will likely appreciate a sign telling them where things are, or where they should be.

I do not own a label maker, and I have no plans to get one. I simply use my computer and stick-on labels, or a sharpie and some tape. Both work fine for me and give me lots of options. I have also used these labels from BHG. I used to be intimidated because I didn't own a labelmaker, but once I realized how well (and how temporary) the write-on-a-piece-of-paper, cut it out and stick it on with scotch tape method, I haven't looked back. It works for me really well.


Do you own a label maker? Or do you label your stuff free-hand?


1 comments:

  1. So impressed with your labels. My bins simply have a "C" for Christmas or an "H" for Halloween stuff. You have inspired me to be more complete so others can locate things easier. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete