Thursday 20 September 2012

Goal 88 & 89. Visit Belle & Mulan once a month



World, meet Mulan and Belle. They are my sisters and also my second best friends.


I just got back from an overnight trip to visit Belle's hairstylist because she recommended him. And since I trust her, off I went. Yeah, that's right, I will drive 4 hours for good hair. She is pretty darn smart but also completely practical. She doesn't get bogged down in the "philosophy of it all", which can be really refreshing. So generally her opinions are pretty true, and trustworthy.

Mulan is the person who makes sure I don't get mugged when I am finished late night shifts and have to walk to my car. She is very laid-back (unlike me), but has an amazing sense of people. She might be my younger sister but she can usually set me straight.

If you are looking for ideas for things to do with your sisters or just friends here are some things we have done together:

  • camping with all our significant others
  • overnight visits, which can include movies, bbq's, s'mores 
  • hang out in the same area, but do different things (eg. both work on separate craft projects)
  • shop together (all kinds of shopping - clothes, make-up, furniture and even groceries)
  • and general helping each other (moving, talking on the phone, home improvement projects, transportation needs)
  • visiting attractions like bowling, corn mazes, museum's, and many restaurants. 

I am lucky to have great sisters that I actually like talking to, and spending time with. So I try to make it a priority to talk with them or actually see them once a month. So far, its been pretty fun.

(Read in your most dramatic voice)
"Chance made us sisters, choice made us friends"
(Cue hysterical laughter and giggles, possibly some snorts.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment