Tuesday 18 October 2011

Menu Plan Monday: Quick & Easy Edition


This week I will be doing evening shifts and having house guests, so my menu has to be something that can prepared early in the day and very easy to prepare. Here is what I have come up with:

Sunday: Turkey Salad (from last week, we didn't get around to it)
Monday: Fish Tacos
Tuesday: Chopped Salad
Wednesday: Thai Curry Chicken on Quinoa wi. Side Salad (from the freezer)
Thursday: Two Bean Chili

I only planned this far as I also bought some treats for Adam to make.... Kraft Dinner! And I figure by then I will be exhausted, so it will be leftovers, random fend nights and eating out. Some weeks are like that, so I think its better not to buy too much food and let it go to waste, but to accept the reality of the situation.


I really loved this recipe for Turkey Salad which I adapted from Canadian Living: Make Ahead Meals. It's a light recipe to use up that turkey and a great change from heavy holiday meals.

Turkey and Mixed Greens wi. Honey Vinaigrette ~ Serves 2
Salad: 
4 cups mixed baby greens
1 cup cooked turkey, cubed or shredded
1 pear, diced
1/8 cup dried cranberries
1/8 cup pecan halves
pinch each salt & paper

Dressing:
1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup canola oil
1 clove garlic, minced
sprinkle each salt & pepper

In medium bowl, combine salad ingredients; set aside. In small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Use as dressing to taste.

0 comments:

Post a Comment